Annulments and the Catholic Church
Few topics in the Catholic Church are more misunderstood than annulments. In Annulments & the Catholic Church, canon and civil lawyer Edward N. Peters answers common questions on annulments including:
● How is an annulment different from a divorce?
● Are there too many annulments granted today?
● Does the length of a marriage affect an annulment case?
● How do people begin the annulment process?
● Does a wedding between a Catholic and a non-Catholic require an annulment?
● Is alcoholism or physical abuse grounds for an annulment?
Many questions abound regarding annulments, which unfortunately touch the lives of many in the Church. Annulments & the Catholic Church provides concise answers from an expert on this difficult and misunderstood topic.