Understanding Your Decree of Nullity: A Little Book with Big Help
You can understand annulment. You just need a little help!
You never wanted this to happen, but now you’re civilly divorced. There’s no such thing as Catholic divorce because in God’s eyes a valid marriage can never be broken. But sometimes what looks like a marriage from the outside can be fatally flawed from the beginning.
Only God can see deeply into the human heart. He knows how human frailty and weakness, and inabilities of some people to enter into marriage freely and fully despite their best attempts. After careful study of such an attempted union, the Church may be able to declare that no valid marriage bond was created. And this book will help you understand the process.
Regardless of your situation, the Church is here to help and you don’t have to be a priest or canon lawyer to understand the basics.
This little book, with big help, dispels the common myths and misunderstandings about marriage, divorce, and annulments, and is helpful for:
● Divorced men and women who are considering if they have grounds for an annulment.
● Those who need help completing their formal petition for a Decree of Nullity (annulment).
● Lay or religious ministers who work with the separated and divorced.
● Parish priests and deacons involved in divorce ministry.
● Those who counsel divorced Catholics.
● Anyone who wants to know more about what the Church really teaches about divorce.